The public transport system consists of trams, city buses and trolley buses. Buses operate 24 hours a day. At night there are special night buses. Night buses leave every 30–60 minutes depending on the line. The main railway station (“Hlavní nádraží”) is the central interchange point of all night trams and buses.
The interval between most buses is 7–15 min from Monday to Friday during rush hours. Weekend intervals are 10–30 minutes. The average interval between most trams is approximately 8 minutes during rush hours on working days; otherwise every 10–15 minutes.
Where to buy?
Tickets are sold at ticket vending machines, DPMB shops, kiosks and railway stations and via SMS at the stop. You can also buy a ticket for a higher price on the bus, just ask the driver and be sure you have the exact amount of money.
One-way ticket costs 25 CZK (approx. 1 €) (valid in Brno centre, zones 100+101)
One-day ticket costs 100 CZK (approx. 3,7 €) (valid in Brno centre, zones 100+101 and specified zones)
Times and schedules
For times, schedules and routes, see the search engine Jizdnirady.cz. English and German language version are available (see bottom right corner of the search form).
- "Univerzitni kampus" (Faculty of Sports Studies, where the summer school takes place)
When you travel to Brno
- "Letiste Turany" (Brno airport)
- "Hlavni nadrazi" (Brno central railway station)
- "Autobusove nadrazi" or "Zvonarka" (main bus station)
- Grand Hotel BUS station
Other important stops in Brno
- Náměstí Svobody – the main square of the city centre, between the Česká meeting point and the Hlavní nádraží meeting point
- Česká – one of the main junctions in Brno