If you wish to participate in the Summer School of Sport Sciences and Outdoor Education, fill in the online application and we will contact you within two weeks.
Students from our partner universities are eligible for a reduced price - ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply until 1st of July 2022, but don’t hesitate because the number of places is limited.
Summer School of Sports Sciences and Outdoor Education
1st - 12th of August 2022, Faculty of Sports Studies, Brno, Czech Republic
Price: €1050 (€950 for partners)
What is included?
✔ workshops and seminars
✔ study materials
✔ individual performance testing and body assessment
✔ special sports equipment rental
✔ outdoors field trip
✔ 13 nights at the student residence
✔ 2 nights at the tourist hut
✔ two weeks of unlimited Brno-city public transport
✔ transfer to and from the field trip
✔ 1 welcome dinner + daily snacks
✔ sightseeing Brno attractions
✔ visiting a rope centre
✔ cruise (Brno Dam)
✔ guided tour – Starobrno brewery
Masaryk University wants to provide as much assurance to the safety and health to our participants and teachers as possible during these unprecedented times. Our summer and winter schools by nature require students to be in close contact (traveling as a group, classes, social activities, and living together), as such there is no way to mitigate all risks, below are the policies for Masaryk University Summer and Winter Schools.
- Students who test positive with Covid-19 within 2 weeks of the start programme and send us proof will receive a 90% refund.
- Accepted students are required to pay a deposit of 200 eur within 14 day after the acceptance.
- Full payment (remaining amount of 750 or 850 eur) for the programme is required 20 days prior to the start of the programme - until 10th of July 2022. This is to provide students as much flexibility as possible.
- No refunds for cancellations within 20 days of the start of the programme, except for proof of Covid-19 as mentioned above.
- If Masaryk University is required to cancel the programme for any reason prior to the start of the programme, a full refund will be provided.
- As per Czech law, if any student becomes positive for Covid-19, all students will be put into a quarantine. Masaryk University will cover the cost for 1 Covid-19 test. If the quarantine lasts longer than the programme dates, MU will help the student find accommodation, however the costs for all accommodation and food after the end of the programme are the responsibility of the student.
- Students will be required to purchase trip protection insurance that will cover the cost of accommodation and change in travel IF they become sick past the duration of the programme. MU will help students secure accommodation if required after the dates of the programme, however the student is responsible for all costs.